Frequently Asked Questions
Can TerraVue™ outdoor shades help protect my outdoor furniture?
Yes, motorized screens can extend the life of your outdoor living space. Storing outdoor furniture under the protective covering of motorized screens reduces the amount of damaging exposure to UV sun-rays and direct rain water. Depending on your patio set-up you may still need to consider using furniture covers for additional protection.
How do TerraVue™ outdoor shades operate?
We offer 3 options to operate your motorized screens: a hand held remote control, a wall mounted control or programing for your home automation system. Remotes can have multiple channels to control each motorized screen that is installed. Operating your motorized screens is very easy and enjoyable.
Are outdoor shades a good solution to keeping bugs and pests out of my patio area?
Yes! Screen fabrics and secure zipper track system keep pests like flies and mosquitoes out. Each screen also has a durable rubber gasket at the bottom which rests on the patio floor and prevents critters and bugs from creeping in through the bottom.
Can TerraVue™ outdoor shades completely enclose a space?
Yes, the zipper track system on the side of the screen and the rubber gasket at the bottom completely enclose your outdoor living space. The screen fabrics are uniquely woven to still allow air to flow freely into the space.
What are the size limitations of TerraVue™ outdoor shades?
Motorized shades can be installed up to 23’ wide. Center posts can be installed in openings greater than 23′ wide, so that smaller shades can be installed to enclose the area. After the width max have been reached, “between post” need to installed to secure.
Are TerraVue™ outdoor shades weather resistant?
Yes, exterior screen motors are encased in a sealed metal frame that protects against rain water or snow. We suggest the shades not be lowered or operated during high winds to prevent fabric from being pull off track. Operating shades during extremely high winds can result in damaged.
Can TerraVue™ outdoor shades be installed in metal, wood or brick?
Yes, there are several ways installers can professionally place a motorized screen in a home. Each motorize screen installation is customized per client to accommodate your needs.
What is a zipper track system?
We use a state of the art zipper track system. Wheels are fed into metal tracks on the left & right side of the screen and are guided up and down by a screen guide that fastens the screen fabric. This system is made to seal in the outdoor living space and prevent any fabric from binding or slipping off track.
Care & Maintenance
We recommend that you perform routine maintenance and cleaning for your system. Your shades are built of unique products that offer the highest quality and longest lifespan. Thanks to their construction and the materials used, routine maintenance is minimal, thus allowing users to keep the shades perfectly functional and attractive by just following some simple rules and guidelines.
- One of the most important things to remember in the care of your system is to never raise or lower your shades when the outside temperature is 40 degrees or colder. If, when the temperature drops to 40 degrees or colder and your shades are UP – they must REMAIN UP – until the temperature rises again. If, when the temperature drops to 40 degrees or colder and your shades are DOWN – they must REMAIN DOWN – until the temperature rises again. The material tends to stick to itself and if forced to raise or lower, it could possibly damage the shade.
- AVOID lowering the shades in the event of strong winds.
- When lowering shades with manual operation, it is very important to stop turning the hand crank mechanism as soon as the shade touches the ground. Over extension of the shade may cause damage to the shade or side channels.
- Damage to the shade fabric or system caused by animals, domestic or otherwise, is excluded from warranty.
- The interior of the shade side channels is made of plastic and is designed to prevent the shade from sliding out. Please observe the following.
- About once every two years, lubricate the channel with a food-base silicone product. DO NOT use any petroleum-based products or WD40 as these will damage both the shade and track.
- Once per year in normal weather conditions – you should wash the inside of the side channels with a jet of water and if possible, use a brush to remove any traces of dirt. If you are in an area exposed to sea air – the side channels should be washed once per month, making sure to remove all traces of dirt and/or encrusted salt.
- At the end of every season, lower the shade and DELICATELY brush it, with a SOFT bristled brush. Use light pressure, so as not to tear it.
If you follow the above Care and Maintenance Instructions you will enjoy your outdoor living structure for many, many years to come. If you have any questions regarding the care and maintenance of your TerraVue™ outdoor shade, simply contact us at 972.360.6490.
We would like to thank you for choosing TerraVue™ Outdoor Shades to help you create your outdoor living area. We offer a 30 day installation warranty on jobs installed by the TerraVue team, this is in addition to the component warranty. Please do not hesitate to contact us if your shades require adjustment during this time period. Should you require assistance outside of the 30 days installation period, our standard service call rates will apply. Installation warranty does not apply to jobs installed outside of the DFW area.
Non-Transferable Limited Warranty for Shade Components
- Exterior shade system parts are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase.
- Electric motors are guaranteed for a period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase under a separate manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Other electric equipment is guaranteed for a period of five (5) years from the original date of purchase under a separate manufacturer’s warranty.
- All screen fabrics are warranted by the textile manufacturer under a separate manufacturer’s warranty for a period of up to five (5) years depending on the fabric choice. Their warranty usually covers the replacement cost of the yardage of fabric only. Labor and freight charges related to a fabric replacement are not covered under this warranty. ALL CLEAR VINYL FABRIC IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.
The foregoing warranty shall NOT be in effect in the event that:
- The system is not paid for in a timely manner and in accordance with payment terms.
- The system or any part of it is damaged by any act of nature including, but not limited to hurricanes, gales, tornadoes, wind, snow, sleet, hail, rain, flood, fire or any other similar or dissimilar condition, or by normal wear and tear.
- The system is damaged due to lack of cleaning or maintenance, whether routine or otherwise.
- The system or any part of it is damaged by vandalism, improper use, and accumulation of weight or heavy loads on the system.
- Systems with sun and wind sensors are damaged due to wind or rain.